Current roles we are advertising
The following roles are those we are currently working to fill, and are open for new candidates.
If they are of possible interest to you please download fuller information. We are happy to discuss these roles informally at any time, though please note the closing dates.
Even when no open vacancies are shown we are pleased to hear from candidates who might be interested in a future role in an association, professional body or other membership organisation. We are often working on roles which are not being advertised. Please email us your CV with a covering note about the type of role you seek. We will keep all your details confidential and never pass them on to an employer without your explicit permission.
Chief Executive – Road Safety Markings Association
£70-75K plus benefits East Midlands/ flexible location
Exciting opportunity to lead a major trade association representing and supporting the road marking industry
The Executive Committee of the Road Safety Markings Association seeks an exceptional candidate to be their next Chief Executive.
RSMA is the trade association for the road marking industry, promoting its members’ role as a key component of a safe and effective highways network. At an important stage in the development of the association, the new Chief Executive will lead the representation of members’ interests to key stakeholders inside and outside the highways sector. The Chief Executive will develop strategies for the development of the association and the strengthening of services to members.
Key responsibilities for the Chief Executive are:
- Sound leadership and direction to the association and strategic and operational responsibility for its management, finances and administration, within accountability frameworks to be agreed with the Executive Committee
- Develop an open and trusted relationship with RSMA members to ensure that the association’s growth and delivery plans reflect their needs and are fully aligned to them
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the Executive Committee, ensuring full, open and regular communication of important and relevant matters and challenges
- Manage and lead the staff team to continue to develop their skills, understanding of members’ needs and effective service delivery
- Protect and enhance the reputation of the association by positively promoting its image with multiple stakeholders, leveraging opportunities where possible to support the strategic aims
- Seek to influence national and local government policy and lobby on behalf of association members through the development and maintenance of effective relationships with all relevant stakeholders to achieve RSMA’s strategic objectives
- Company secretarial role to ensure sound governance and the protection of the association and its members from risk
The successful candidate will be:
an effective and credible leader with the skills to develop organisations through leadership, engagement and a sound understanding of value delivery. The Chief Executive will have the credibility and communications skills to develop robust and lasting relationships at a high level and the leadership strengths to motivate and engage staff to harness and deliver opportunities for the association.
The ideal candidate will have proven strategic leadership skills gained in an organisation of comparable size and complexity, ideally in the not-for-profit sector, along with the commercial experience and acumen to maximise RSMA’s potential.
Closing date: 9th December 2017