Current roles we are advertising
The following roles are those we are currently working to fill, and are open for new candidates.
If they are of possible interest to you please download fuller information. We are happy to discuss these roles informally at any time, though please note the closing dates.
Even when no open vacancies are shown we are pleased to hear from candidates who might be interested in a future role in an association, professional body or other membership organisation. We are often working on roles which are not being advertised. Please email us your CV with a covering note about the type of role you seek. We will keep all your details confidential and never pass them on to an employer without your explicit permission.
Chief Executive, UKLPG
Salary: £90-110K including bonus
Exciting opportunity to lead a major trade association representing and supporting the LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) industry
The Board of UKLPG seek an exceptional candidate to be their next Chief Executive, joining the association at a critical and exciting time for the industry.
He or she will play a pivotal role in setting the strategic direction of the industry over the next ten years as the Government seeks to decarbonise heating in homes and businesses. They will lead the UKLPG team to implement agreed outcomes and objectives in the areas of policy, public relations and setting industrywide standards.
Key responsibilities are:
- Providing strategic direction to the UKLPG board, agreeing a vision for the industry which reflects diversity of views
- Acting as the industry’s figurehead and external representative
- Managing the staff team to help develop their skills and achieve their individual objectives as part of the association’s plan
- Manage the association’s finances
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of developing and delivering a successful strategy (preferably in a commercial environment)
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and oral: in large events and one-to-one, in the media and in a committee setting
- Experience of working in a role requiring technical understanding to achieve business goals
- Awareness of the political landscape and how Government policy is set
- A combination of tenacity and determination with well-judged flexibility
- A balance of diplomacy with dynamism
- Experience of working with a trade association in a senior role – either in an executive or non-executive capacity
- Experience of leading a team of professional staff
- A degree and ideally a post-graduate management qualification
- An interest in, or knowledge of, the energy sector and related policy issues would be desirable
UKLPG is a well-resourced association with 99 members and a turnover of around £0.5m. The LPG industry supplies over a million tonnes of gas into the UK each year and has a key role to play in providing secure, affordable and clean energy to homes and businesses which are off the mains gas grid. LPG is a transition fuel, much cleaner and producing lower carbon emissions than oil with its ability to use the latest in high efficiency gas appliances.
For fuller description of the role and the key skills and experience needed click here: UKLPG Chief Executive recruitment Jan 2018 and for background information on the sector and the association click here: UKLPG_CEO_background_reading
For a confidential and informal discussion contact Niall Campbell any time on 07795 564187 or email him: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Friday 9th February